The FIU College of Law (COL) and the Honors College are proud to offer an Early Assurance Program (EAP) to the COL. Eligible FIU sophomores in the Honors College who are interested in attending the FIU College of Law will have an opportunity to apply for guaranteed admission to the COL. Successful applicants will know they have been accepted into the FIU COL as they enter their junior undergraduate year.
- Meet a minimum GPA of 3.6
- Achieve either an LSAT score of 156, or enter FIU with an SAT score of 1850 (or 1360 if writing portion is not counted) or an ACT score of 27 (at least the 85 percentile)
- Demonstrate ethical and professional character and behavior
- Membership in the Honors College
- Maintain academic standards through the remaining years of undergraduate education
- Intend to accept the FIU COL offer of admission
- Apply directly to the Honors College no later than July 1 after completion of the sophomore year
- Provide a letter of recommendation from an appropriate referee
- Assurance of acceptance at the FIU COL by early in the junior year
- Support and enrichment from the COL and the Honors College throughout the last two undergraduate years through special programs and opportunities designed to enhance success in law school
- Generous scholarship opportunities from the COL
- Savings on expensive and complex application processes elsewhere
- Elimination of need to shop for alternative law schools
For more information about the Early Assurance Program, please contact Lili Solorzano at Lsolorza@fiu.edu.