FIU Honors College has partnered with Lake Erie College of Medicine (LECOM) to provide qualified students a provisional early acceptance to LECOM’s School of Pharmacy, School of Dental Medicine or College of Osteopathic Medicine. The Early Acceptance Program (EAP) is available for Honors College freshmen and sophomores who meet certain criteria.
The specific criteria for acceptance into the Early Acceptance Program will vary from school to school, but the general requirements are listed below:
- SAT Score (Math and Verbal Reasoning) greater than or equal to 1170 on a single exam or an ACT Composite score greater than or equal to 26 on a single exam; and
- An unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Students already attending FIU Honors College must have at least a cumulative overall GPA of 3.4 and a science GPA of 3.2 or higher
To apply for the LECOM Early Acceptance Program, Honors students must complete three steps:
- Meet with the EAP Honors Advisor, Lili Solorzano. To schedule an appointment, please call 305-348-4100.
- Register with the Honors College here: http://hon.fiu.edu/honorslecom
- Initiate your application with LECOM. Visit http://portal.lecom.edu and click on Affiliated Undergraduate College Inquiry and follow the prompts.
The LECOM EAP application process is as follows:
- Online Inquiry
- Receive Username and Password
- Complete EAP Application
- Schedule and Complete an Interview (July-May)
- Receive Provisional Letter of Acceptance
Additional requirements, including a final application to LECOM, must be met for final acceptance to LECOM, but another interview is not required.
Our partnership with LECOM also affords opportunities to Honors College upper classmen. Juniors and seniors in the Honors College that are interested in LECOM’s programs are highly encouraged to meet with the EAP Advisor for mentoring and guidance.
For more information about the Early Acceptance Program, please contact Lili Solorzano at Lsolorza@fiu.edu.
For information about Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and its programs, visit http://lecom.edu.