Organization: Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science
Position: Online Communications Manager
Location: Miami, FL
Overview of Organization:
The Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science is seeking a full-time Online Communications Manager. The Online Communications Manager plays a key role on the Frost Science marketing team to expand the Frost Science online footprint and build affinity with guests, fans, members, supporters, and followers. Through online storytelling strategies, this role ensures Frost Science is top-of-mind locally, nationally and globally as a best-in-class science institution and will play a key role in measuring its online progress. This individual will have responsibility for the day-to-day management and maintenance of Frost Science Digital, including website, micro-sites, online databases, and social media presence. He or she will audit, write and edit web, blog, and micro-blog content; as well as edit digital images, video, and audio. This manager will take a lead role in the museum’s migration to a new CMS and launch of a new website. This position requires weekend, holiday and evening availability, as scheduled.
• Responsible for keeping the Frost Science website content updated and
dynamic, leading the growth of the Frost Science community.
• Collaborate with key contacts throughout Frost Science to review content on
an ongoing basis.
• Assure daily operations and guest experience needs are met through timely web
• Maintains an updated site map and content matrix.
• Draft and post online communications using the Frost Science voice and
• Maintain the website content calendar and assure updates are made on
schedule. Integrate schedules with social media plans. Use this calendar as a
tool to facilitate collaboration and communication across departments.
• Manage and oversee the museum’s social media agency and consultants,
including working closely with the museum’s PR and marketing managers to
align strategy and storytelling. Constant creativity of new digital trends
and opportunities for Frost Science, including live streaming, Twitter chats
with key leaders and more.
• Take the lead in measuring Frost Science’s success online using Google
Analytics and other relevant tools. Suggest improved dashboards and reporting
based on best practices. Provide monthly and ongoing data analysis and
insights. Use data to recommend future content, navigation, and developments
for the Frost Science online presence.
• Create editorial calendars for monthly electronic news and work
collaboratively with membership, marketing and education to develop content
plans for audience electronic letters and communications.
• Coordinate key copy deadlines and establish lead-time with internal clients.
Assure all copy is reviewed and edited for voice and grammar. Route
communications for key approvals prior to sending.
• Support established website development priorities through coordination and
thorough site testing. Coordinate closely with the Frost Science Web
Developer / IT department to resolve minor bugs and fixes.
• Create new web pages to support planned initiatives. Coordinate with IT and
marketing team on deliverables.
• Implement search engine optimization (SEO) best practices throughout the site
using content management system (CMS) tools.
• Setup and deploy all email communications using Frost Science branded assets.
Manage dynamic lists, custom views, and one-off sends.
• Establish organizational workflow for email intake requests and project
needs. Provide excellent customer service to internal departments
(development, education, guest experience, animal care, etc.) while managing
incoming commitments and requests.
• Provide best-in-class social care to online audiences. Work with the
marketing and guest experience team to create and implement content
strategies to enhance the guest experience via social media and the website.
• Manage Frost Science review sites (such as TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Facebook
reviews) including monitoring and response plans and best practices.
• Provide daily ‘in-the-moment’ social monitoring and responses on key social
media sites, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram profiles. Identify
social trends, hashtags, and content threads. Weekend and holiday coverage is
required as scheduled.
• Required: 3-5 years of applicable experience in online communications,
including web site Content Management Systems (CRM), content creation and
• Strong background in technical aspects of web and digital communications
functionality, and have proficiency in CMS and AMS/CRM; WordPress; basic HTML
and CSS; web analytics; Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Vimeo, and YouTube;
Adobe Creative Suite; and Microsoft Office
• Experience managing CMS/AMS migration, and managing vendors and project
timelines is desirable
• Familiarity with tag management, pixel implementation, Facebook, Twitter &
Google Analytics, SEO enhancements
• Experience with Google Adwords, Google Analytics and online reporting required
• Strong critical thinking and technical skills required
• Strong understanding of online communications strategy required
• Experience with personalization and conditional content strategy and
• Online fundraising campaign experience, including crowdfunding sites,
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to juggle numerous projects with attention to both process and people
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team
• Must have a guest focus and a commitment to excellence
• Calm and collected demeanor, willingness to support the team at every level
• Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills require
• Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends as scheduled
• Excellence in English language (oral and written) required; preference for
bilingual Spanish; Haitian Creole a plus
Hours Per Week: Full-time
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter with salary range/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job title in subject line.