What is Dinner with Future Leaders?
Our Dinner with Future Leaders program, already successful at a number of colleges and universities around the country, is an excellent opportunity for businesses, community leaders and alumni to connect with the university, and for students to learn about their career, industry and professional/personal journey.
How does it work?
The Honors College will invite 10-20 targeted students to participate. The company/host will select a site to hold the event and provide a meal (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) for those students who attend.
Following a welcoming and introductions, the host(s) typically gives an informal presentation discussing his/her personal and professional journey, lessons learned along the way, and other helpful insights into the industry. No visual aids are required but are welcome.
The majority of the event is typically used for open discussion and question/answer sessions. This is a unique and terrific opportunity to connect with potential interns and/or provide mentorship to students looking for guidance.
FIU’s Honors College manages event logistics and marketing, including production and distribution of marketing materials (no cost to host). The event should be approximately 1-2 hours from start to finish.
Through the Internship Program at the Honors College, we:
- Have access to the best and brightest students in every major across campus
- Possess the ability to target students by major and/or year
- Work closely with companies to determine target students
- Meet with students one-on-one in a pre-interviewing process before passing along to companies
- Maintain daily contact through email and phone with companies seeking interns
Previously featured speakers:
- Ralph Rios, Vice President of Professional Services at West Kendall Baptist Hospital
- J.C. de Ona, Senior Vice President at Stonegate Bank
- Gustavo Martinez Pandiani, Deputy Consul General of Argentina in Miami and Puerto Rico
- Mark B. Rosenberg, President of Florida International University
- Honorable Steven Leifman, Judge, Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Miami-Dade County
To participate in Dinner with Future Leaders, please complete this form.