MMC Tech Center
The Modesto A. Maidique Campus (MMC) Student Information Technology Center is for use by students of the Honors College.
The Center will be open Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm during the semester.
12 Computers in the lab
- 7 – Dell, Intel Optiplex 3011 All-in-One i3
- 8GB of RAM, DVD-R/RW Combo Drive, Wireless Adapter, 20″ Touch Panel Color Monitor.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Office, Putty, Notepad ++, FileZilla, Adobe Flash Player, NetBeans IDE, VLC Media Player, iTunes, Windows Media Player, Quicktime Player, McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, Adobe Master Collection
- 4 – Apple Macintosh iMac,
- Apple Mac OS X v10.12, Adobe Master Collection, iWork, Microsoft Office, Sibelius, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, iMovie, iDVD. iPhoto, GarageBand
- External Drives, Readers and Input Devices: Wacom Bamboo Capture Pen and Touch Tablet, Samsung External USB DVD-RW, Iomega 2TB External Hard Drive, Microtek ArtixScan DI 2010 Scanner with Document Feeder and Slide Adapter, Sony GV-D300 Mini DV Digital Video Cassette Recorder
Tech Center Guidelines
The Student Information Technology and Library Study centers are for use by students of The Honors College only. The following guidelines are provided for the safe and efficient use of these facilities. They should be observed by all students and will be enforced by The Honors College staff. Violations may result in denial of the use of the facilities.
The Center and Library will be open Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM during the semester.
- Sign in at the receptionist desk before using a computer.
- Shut down the computer after using it to ensure a secured computer session.
- MMC Printing Policy: Print ony if you have funds on your Panther ID or Copy Card — printing is 9 cents per page (double-sided page printing available). Please be sure to swipe your Panther ID or Copy Card at the designated printing station located next to the printing/copy machine.
- Limit each computer session to 60 minutes at a time. The time may be extended depending on demand for use by other students.
- Restore the chair, monitor, keyboard, and mouse back to their normal position.
- Make a request to the receptionist for use of specialized equipment, such as multimedia players and recorders, scanners, and external drives, a day in advance. An FIU identification card is required for use of this equipment. Return this equipment or materials to the receptionist before leaving the Center.
- Bring your own diskettes, zips, flash memory cards, and discs to save work and your personal headphones to listen to any content.
- Set pagers and cellular phones on vibrate mode and take calls outside the Center.
- Respect the privacy of other students using the Center.
- Consult the receptionist or the Honors College Information Technology Officer if you experience difficulty with Center hardware or software.
- Consult the Modesto A. Maidique Campus Tech Center site for a list of all the equipment, software, and multimedia items available at each center.
- Share the Center password with other students, whether or not they are Honors students.
- Bring food or drink into the Center or the lounge area.
- Download, install, or duplicate any prohibited or copyrighted material on the computers.
- Use Center network resources for illegal or immoral purposes.
- Play computer games in the Center.
THIS IS YOUR CENTER! DO NOT MISUSE IT!