READ THE GUIDELINES TO SECURE YOUR SPOT and the 2020 Honors Study Abroad Programs policies at the bottom of the page!
Each study abroad program fulfills one year (6 credits) of Honors credit requirements. Note that all programs are Spring/Summer, except for Costa Rica: Fall/Fall mini-term (winter break.)
For information on each program, click on the hyperlinks below.
Registration works on a first come, first served basis!
How do we secure our spot and keep it? It works on a first-come, first-served basis!
Follow these instructions:
Current Honors Students interested in securing a spot for a 2020 study abroad program:
- Get clearance from your Honors advisor. For STEM students, your advisors are Brenda Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patric Hambleton (email@example.com.) Non-STEM students must see Grisel d’Elena (firstname.lastname@example.org.) Call 305-348-4100 and ask for an advising appointment. Indicate it is regarding Study Abroad. You must have an advisor’s clearance when you go see Luli to secure your spot!
- Once you’ve been cleared, email Luli (email@example.com) to schedule a registration appointment, specifying your PID and program of choice
- On the date of your appointment, bring to DM 233 a $350.00 money order or cashier’s check (ONLY) made out to FIU. These are the Honors College administrative fees. This payment will secure you a spot in your program of choice. It is non-refundable, and constitutes a serious commitment to the program
- The registration process includes a group contract-signing session and online application. Calculate around 2 hours for the whole process
- You will be officially registered once you complete all 3 steps (registration & payment, online application, and contract-signing)
Newly Admitted Students interested in securing a spot for a 2020 study abroad program:
- Email Luli (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a registration appointment, including your Panther ID number and program of choice
- Follow the instructions on the third bullet above
- Make sure together with the $350 you bring to the session a copy of the unofficial transcripts from the institution you are coming from and a copy of the Honors letter/email of acceptance
- You can register for study abroad only once you get your first FIU GPA, assuming there are still spots available. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait until the 2021 registration opens in April
- In order to keep your good standing with the program, comply with the Honors Study Abroad Policies and deadlines at the bottom of this page
- The Office of Study Abroad (OSA) charges a non-refundable $195 administrative fee. It will be posted along with your second payment and they can be paid together
Below is the schedule of payments to be followed after you secured your spot with your initial $350 fee:
Schedule of Payments:
|*Non-refundable||*Non-refundable||**Non-ref. if canceled after Feb 14, 2020|
**Non-refundable after February 14, 2020
After you’ve secured your spot at DM 233, make your 3 payments at Student Financials (SASC Building 1st Floor.) In order to make sure the payment goes towards the program and NOT to cover other balances you may have, we strongly recommend you pay in person. Make sure to tell the cashier you are paying your Honors Study Abroad program, and which one is it (E.g. Honors Japan program, Honors UK program, etc.) The charges will be posted to your my.fiu.edu account approximately 21 days prior to the deadline or earlier.
NOTE: LATE FEES APPLY.