To start a scholarship application on AcademicWorks:
- Login at fiu.academicworks.com with your MyAccounts username and password. (You must have already activated your FIU e-mail account and have a Panther ID number)
- Fill out the general scholarship application. AcademicWorks will recommend scholarships for which you may be eligible. For some, you will automatically be entered into the applicant pool; for others, you may need to answer additional questions.
- To search for the Honors College scholarships (listed below), type “Honors College” in the search tab.
Determine whether you are a qualified “First Generation” student. To be considered First Gen, you must have put on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that neither of your parents COMPLETED a bachelor’s degree in any country. If that is the case but you answered the FAFSA incorrectly, you must go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa/next-steps/correct-update and file an amendment to your FAFSA to be eligible for First Generation scholarships.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of, extra-curricular activities, and letters of recommendation. To be considered for these awards, students must submit the following documents:
- High transfer GPA (especially in any honors courses)
- Completed application for FIU admission
- Completed Honors College application, and acceptance
- Two letters of recommendation from previous instructors
Students who apply by February 15 will be given priority consideration. Initial awards will be made on March 1.
- Admitted to the Honors College
- Maintain minimum enrollment in 15 credits per term
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.3.
POLICIES GOVERNING HONORS COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS
FIU/CC Honors and Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships
- Award is available to transfer students holding an A.A. degree from a Florida community college.
- Students must have completed the A.A. with an overall GPA of at least 3.3 and must have the support of his/her community college Honors Director.
- Recipients must be members in good standing of the FIU Honors College.
- Awards will begin only during the fall semester of each academic year and will not be available during the summer terms.
- All students (except for international students) must submit a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the Federal Processor (available from any Community College or University Financial Aid Office.)
- Students who without prior approval do not enroll in 15 FIU credits, cease participation in the Honors College, or do not maintain at least a 3.3 overall GPA (reviewed annually) will not receive the award and will not be eligible for future support.
- Any appeal of these policies must be made in writing to the College Scholarship Committee.Fall admission required for all scholarship awards.
Willis Holcombe, Eduardo Padron, Presidential, and PTK All-Florida Academic Team Scholarships
- Awards are available to students transferring from Florida Community Colleges
(Holcombe: BC only; Padron: MDC only; Presidential and PTK All-Florida: any)
- Fall admission is required for all scholarship awards.
- Students must have completed the A.A. degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and must have the support of the appropriate community college Honors Director.
- Awards will cover the full cost of in-state tuition and the health and athletic fees.
- Minimum enrollment is 15 FIU credit hours per term (fall/spring only). Awards will cover a maximum of 15 credits per term.
- Awards will begin only during the fall term of each academic year and will not be available during summer terms.
- Continuation of the award is contingent upon the student’s maintaining an overall FIU GPA of at least 3.3 (reviewed annually), and earning a minimum of 30 credits per academic year.
- Recipients must maintain membership in the Honors College.
- All students (except for international students) must submit a current FAFSA (available from any Community College or University Financial Aid Office.)
Any appeal of these policies must be made in writing to the Honors College Scholarship Committee.
Other Scholarship Resources
Other Scholarship Resources
Some additional scholarship resources (not limited to Honors students) may be available. Please e-mail the Honors College at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any outdated or missing links or to suggest additional scholarships that may be added to this listing.