The Honors College has partnered with Lake Erie College of Medicine (LECOM) to provide qualified students a provisional early acceptance to LECOM’s School of Pharmacy, School of Dental Medicine or College of Osteopathic Medicine. (For information about Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and its programs, visit http://lecom.edu.)
The Early Acceptance Program (EAP) is available to Honors College freshmen and sophomores who meet the specific criteria for the school for which they apply, in addition to the general requirements listed below:
- SAT Score (Math and Verbal Reasoning) greater than or equal to 1170 on a single exam taken before 3/1/16, a SAT score of 1240 or higher on a single exam taken after 3/1/16 or an ACT Composite score greater than or equal to 26 on a single exam;
- An unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- A cumulative college overall GPA of 3.4 and a science GPA of 3.2 or higher (for students already matriculated.)
- Active membership in the FIU Honors College.
To apply, students must:
- Meet with the EAP Honors Advisor, Brenda Luna. To schedule an appointment, please call 305-348-4100.
- Print and complete the Honors College/LECOM EAP Application. Bring the completed application to your advising appointment.
- Apply to LECOM at http://portal.lecom.edu. Click on Affiliated Undergraduate College Inquiry and follow the prompts.
The LECOM EAP application process is as follows:
- Online inquiry
- Receive username and password
- Complete EAP application
- Schedule and complete an interview (July-May)
- Receive provisional letter of acceptance
Additional requirements, including a final application to LECOM, must be met for final acceptance to LECOM, but another interview is not required.
Our partnership with LECOM also affords opportunities to Honors College juniors and seniors. Those interested in LECOM’s programs are highly encouraged to meet with the EAP Advisor for guidance.
For this and other program information, contact the EAP Advisor, Brenda Luna, at email@example.com.