Pre-Law Association Through Honors (PATH)
The Pre-Law Association through Honors (PATH) is the pre-law organization for all Honors students interested in the law and in going to law school. It offers the following programs and activities:
- Workshop on “What is ‘The law’” and “Is law school for me?”
- Law student shadow/mentor program
- Legal research training
- Litigation training (trials and appeals)
- Access to the Dean of the Law School
Community and Professional Development
- Law-related internships
- Community service opportunities in Sweetwater
Law School Application/Admission
- Preparation for the Honors College 3+3 program
- LSAT – registration and preparation
- Application preparation (including personal statement)
- Mock interviews
- Law school selection/counseling
- Speaker Series
- Lunch Series
- Law-related field trips
Professor H. Scott Fingerhut
Assistant Director, Trial Advocacy Program, COL Faculty Fellow and Director of Pre-Law Programs in the Honors College
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Students Taking Initiative Through Collaboration in Honors (STITCH)
STITCH allows Honors College students interested in becoming doctors to connect with the medical profession and prepare for application to medical school. STITCH selects its members from the top of the class of Honors College students and helps prepare them for their future goals.
Activities and Events
- Seminars with medical professionals
- Advising sessions for pre-med students
- Networking possibilities with FIU’s Medical School
- Volunteer opportunities
- Fully admitted Honors College student in good academic standing
- Interested in medical school or career related to medicine
Panther Mock Trial
Panther Mock Trial is the undergraduate mock trial team at FIU housed in the Honors College, competing yearly against teams from across the nation under the American Mock Trial Association (AMTA). Through the coaching of local practicing attorneys, students are able to develop their public speaking skills, learn about the inner workings of trial advocacy and trial procedure.
Our mission is to introduce students, through participation in simulated courtroom trials and other law related activities, to important aspects of our judicial system, with special attention paid to trial by jury.
Our vision reflects our values: integrity, service, excellence and teamwork. We hope to help improve the advocacy skills of all our members and aid in the development of skills that will facilitate their transition from school to work.
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.panthermocktrial.org/
Pre-Therapy Student Organization
Our organization’s aim is to inform, empower, and better guide students about the opportunities available within the field of Therapy. If you are someone who is interested in helping others, working in a variety of settings from home-health agencies, private offices, clinics, nursing homes, or hospitals; then this club is for you. Our members would receive invaluable knowledge and experience through our meetings with hands on activities, and interactive exchanges with speakers that have rich inside information on the therapeutic industry as a career.
Through collaborations with centers and professionals in the field, and contact with FIU graduates or those who soon will be, our club will show you the numerous benefits that can be attained through these growing careers, as well as give you high-level instructions on how to reach the goals you want to achieve within your aspiring programs.
· To have the best prepared students interested in the field of therapeutic services
· To introduce students from various majors and career paths to the benefits and vast opportunities within the therapy field.
· To be a source that provides volunteering along with internship opportunities in the field of therapy for anybody who is interested in gaining experience.
The Pre-Therapy Student Association is a one of a kind medium through which FIU students will be educated and informed about the various benefits and opportunities within the therapy field. Through shadowing, volunteering, internship opportunities, and workshops dictated by experienced professionals and doctors in the field, we will provide an interactive way to reach and achieve the qualifications needed to stand out as a potential applicant for a career in therapy.
Explore. Prepare. Collaborate. Empower.
ASL Panthers provides a platform for students of all backgrounds and levels of knowledge to learn about American Sign Language and Deaf culture while building connections and community with others who share this interest. Through facilitating communication and understanding, ASL Panthers works to break down barriers between Deaf and hearing students at FIU and beyond.
Events and Activities:
• ASL Poetry Event
• Bake sales
• Games and lessons
• Volunteer opportunities
Level Up is a student organization dedicated to providing resources to its members and underserved local students in order to encourage and assist them as they transition throughout their academic journeys to their ultimate careers. Those who join can expect to improve their professional development while helping younger students to reach their goals as well.
Events and Activities:
• Public speaking practice
• Presentation building
• Resume workshops
• Building professional connections
• Volunteer opportunities
For more information, please contact Honors College Engagement, HCengage@fiu.edu or 305-348-4100.
Help Your Peers Excel (H.Y.P.E.)
Mission: The main focus of this program will be to guide Honors College students from their first day to their last. We want to make it easier for the to excel at college and the workforce, while having the best college experience possible.
- Facilitating the transitions from high school to college and then from college to workforce.
- Making connections and providing opportunities to the Honors College and to students.
- Being able to guide first generation freshmen, based on personal experiences, and being more available than an advisor.
- Building bonds within the Honors College between students that are available academically and socially.
- Providing students the opportunity to seek advice for academic and personal issues.
- Engaging in social activities with like-minded individuals.
- Discussing and sharing career opportunities beyond majors and academic programs.
Panthers Unite in Support of Health (PUSH)
Our mission is to motivate and educate all students on how to lead a healthy life including fitness, nutrition, and stress management. We know that college can be a stressful and busy time for many students and we are here to help everyone set attainable goals and reach them. We are excited to break bad cycles and become the best versions of ourselves together!
Everyone is welcome to come to our events and our organization is completely FREE! Honors college students can receive honors points and volunteer hours through our events. Some of our favorite events have included yoga lessons, lectures with a dietician, workshops on creating fast and effective High-Intensity Interval Trainings (HIIT) that you can recreate from the comfort of your home, and the super fun P.U.S.H. Honors Olympics a physically challenging team-building multi-club competition that raises money for charities!
Here are six easy steps to get you started on healthier living:
- Sleep 7-9 hours every night
- Make exercise a part of your daily routine
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Assess your mood
- Learn to manage your stress
Sexual Health Alliance Revolutionizing Positivity (SHARP)
Our Mission/ Overview
The Sexual Health Alliance Revolutionizing Positivity (SHARP) promotes sexual health while breaking down social and cultural taboos associated with sexuality. We educate and empower students to explore what it means to be sexually healthy.
- Inclusion: to discuss healthy relationships, consent, pleasure, and HIV/STI prevention methods for all types of bodies, genders, and sexual orientations.
- Empowerment: to cultivate an environment where people have access to information and resources, have the power to make informed decisions, and have a spectrum of options to suit their desires.
- Awareness: to facilitate the use of sexual health resources and raise awareness for sexual health topics that impact our community, particularly HIV/AIDS.
Activities & Events
- Workshops with sexual health professionals
- Volunteer opportunities
- Socials where we discuss how to break the stigma on sexuality
- Networking possibilities with HWCOM, FDOH & Local Nonprofits
- All members of the FIU community are welcome to join
Connect With Us
Follow Us: Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @fiusharp
Miami Initiative for Interdisciplinary Studies (MIINDS)
At MIINDS our goal is to push students to be more than just their major by introducing them to multiple disciplines.
- Provide FIU students with a club where Business, Pre-Law, STEM, Art, and the Social Sciences come together in order to provide an interdisciplinary perspective to topics and issues in society.
- Host workshops, speakers, debates and more in order to bring to light various topics and issues in society.
- Encourage students to participate in research projects.
Visit our website: http://miinds.fiu.edu
Green Campus Initiative (GCI)
The Green Campus Initiative (GCI) is a non-political student initiative aiming to develop and implement feasible plans to make FIU’s MMC campus environmentally friendly. GCI focuses on simple, business-friendly projects that contribute to sustaining our environment. GCI’s primary goals include raising awareness about the implications of plastic pollution and waste. Significant operative actions of GCI include student petitions, cooperation with other established student organizations, on-campus events, and debates with entities of interest, such as the student government association. GCI will, most importantly, serve as a platform to debate and merge ideas concerning the protection of our local environment.
Honors College Pride Club
The Honors College Pride Club will educate and support LGBTQIA+ students and allies through meetings and events.
Follow us on Instagram: @HonorsPrideFIU
If you’re interested in learning more about the Pride Club or have any questions, please email email@example.com
Honors College Pride Center
The Honors College Pride Center will serve as a brave space, centering marginalized groups, for LGBTQIA+ students to meet up, network, and advocate for the community at Florida International University. Everyone is welcome to visit and partake in the center.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Honors College Pride Center or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panther Consulting Group (PCG)
Panther Consulting Club (PCG) is the premier consulting organization at Florida International University (FIU). PCG is also the first student-led educational club in South Florida that places focus on the Consulting Industry. We aim to bring consulting capabilities into the hands of students from all levels and backgrounds through hands-on case interview workshops, Business School-style lectures, and opportunities to network with professionals in the industry. We hope to provide students with the resources to thrive both socially and professionally.
If you’re interested in learning more about PCG or have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Her Equal Rights (HER)
HER unifies Honors College students who believe in gender equality by providing a platform to
advocate for women’s rights. HER members are motivated to serve and to have an impact on
the lives of girls and women in our community.
Through partnerships with local non-profit organizations, HER members are able to participate
in volunteering opportunities and gain professional experience while raising awareness for an
issue that we’re passionate about.
We encourage the empowerment of women and we work towards the social, economic, and political equality of the sexes.
Advisor and Contact
For more information, please contact Natalia Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gamma Epsilon Phi (GEP)
Gamma Epsilon Phi is the exclusive Honors College student society at the MMC campus. Members of GEP are leaders within the Honors College and FIU community and are committed to the pursuit of excellence and knowledge.
Activities and Events
- Involvement in the Honors College-Sweetwater Partnership
- Relay for Life
- Dance Marathon
- Beach Bash, Picnics, and Bowling night
- Honors College student
For more information, please contact Honors College Engagement, HCengage@fiu.edu 305-348-4100