Pre-Law Association Through Honors (PATH)
The Pre-Law Association through Honors (PATH) is the pre-law organization for all Honors students interested in the law and in going to law school. It offers the following programs and activities:
- Workshop on “What is ‘The law’” and “Is law school for me?”
- Law student shadow/mentor program
- Legal research training
- Litigation training (trials and appeals)
- Access to the Dean of the Law School
Community and Professional Development
- Law-related internships
- Community service opportunities in Sweetwater
Law School Application/Admission
- Preparation for the Honors College 3+3 program
- LSAT – registration and preparation
- Application preparation (including personal statement)
- Mock interviews
- Law school selection/counseling
- Speaker Series
- Lunch Series
- Law-related field trips
Students Taking Initiative Through Collaboration in Honors (STITCH)
STITCH allows Honors College students interested in becoming doctors to connect with the medical profession and prepare for application to medical school. STITCH selects its members from the top of the class of Honors College students and helps prepare them for their future goals.
Activities and Events
- Seminars with medical professionals
- Advising sessions for pre-med students
- Networking possibilities with FIU’s Medical School
- Volunteer opportunities
- Fully admitted Honors College student in good academic standing
- Interested in medical school or career related to medicine
Gamma Epsilon Phi (GEP)
Gamma Epsilon Phi is the exclusive Honors College student society at the MMC campus. Members of GEP are leaders within the Honors College and FIU community and are committed to the pursuit of excellence and knowledge.
Activities and Events
- Involvement in the Honors College-Sweetwater Partnership
- Relay for Life
- Dance Marathon
- Beach Bash, Picnics, and Bowling night
- Honors College student
For more information, please contact Honors College Engagement, HCengage@fiu.edu 305-348-4100
Honors Investment Portfolio (HIP) Club
The Honors Investment Portfolio was created to teach and expose Honor College students to the workings of the equity markets. The founders established the club as a way to pass on their financial knowledge and experience. Through a hands-on approach, members learn the essential skills necessary to effectively manage their own finances and make rational financial decisions.
The club manages both a virtual account and a live account. The virtual account is used for teaching purposes for new members, while seasoned members have the opportunity to pitch stocks for the live account. This concept allows the members to become engaged and proactive in their learning while taking actual trades and making long term investment decisions. Over time we believe that any consistent member of our club will reach a level of financial experience that exceeds that of most finance majors.
The Florida International University Honors College organization, Honors Investment Portfolio (HIP), is a unique and imaginative club aimed at educating members on the investing process. Through hands-on investment projects we aim to provide our members with the ideas and tools needed to make sound financial decisions to become successful investors.
Cognitive Science Society
The Cognitive Science Club focuses on providing a network for individuals interested in understanding the nature of the mind through interdisciplinary means.
The mission of the club is to provide a network for individuals interested in understanding the nature of the mind through interdisciplinary means. This is accomplished by approaching the exploration of cognitive science from the perspective of different fields such as: Psychology, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Anthropology, Education, Computing, etc.
- Provide opportunities for undergraduate students to increase their involvement in the broader cognitive science community.
- Invite guest speakers to inform on a variety of topics within cognitive science and sponsor various social events.
- The club also provides outreach opportunities and guidance to students who are entering/interested in the field of cognitive science.
Pre-Therapy Student Organization
Our organization’s aim is to inform, empower, and better guide students about the opportunities available within the field of Therapy. If you are someone who is interested in helping others, working in a variety of settings from home-health agencies, private offices, clinics, nursing homes, or hospitals; then this club is for you. Our members would receive invaluable knowledge and experience through our meetings with hands on activities, and interactive exchanges with speakers that have rich inside information on the therapeutic industry as a career.
Through collaborations with centers and professionals in the field, and contact with FIU graduates or those who soon will be, our club will show you the numerous benefits that can be attained through these growing careers, as well as give you high-level instructions on how to reach the goals you want to achieve within your aspiring programs.
· To have the best prepared students interested in the field of therapeutic services
· To introduce students from various majors and career paths to the benefits and vast opportunities within the therapy field.
· To be a source that provides volunteering along with internship opportunities in the field of therapy for anybody who is interested in gaining experience.
The Pre-Therapy Student Association is a one of a kind medium through which FIU students will be educated and informed about the various benefits and opportunities within the therapy field. Through shadowing, volunteering, internship opportunities, and workshops dictated by experienced professionals and doctors in the field, we will provide an interactive way to reach and achieve the qualifications needed to stand out as a potential applicant for a career in therapy.
Explore. Prepare. Collaborate. Empower.
ASL Panthers provides a platform for students of all backgrounds and levels of knowledge to learn about American Sign Language and Deaf culture while building connections and community with others who share this interest. Through facilitating communication and understanding, ASL Panthers works to break down barriers between Deaf and hearing students at FIU and beyond.
Events and Activities:
• ASL Poetry Event
• Bake sales
• Games and lessons
• Volunteer opportunities
Level Up is a student organization dedicated to providing resources to its members and underserved local students in order to encourage and assist them as they transition throughout their academic journeys to their ultimate careers. Those who join can expect to improve their professional development while helping younger students to reach their goals as well.
Events and Activities:
• Public speaking practice
• Presentation building
• Resume workshops
• Building professional connections
• Volunteer opportunities
For more information, please contact Honors College Engagement, HCengage@fiu.edu 305-348-4100.
Help Your Peers Excel (H.Y.P.E.)
Mission: The main focus of this program will be to guide Honors College students from their first day to their last. We want to make it easier for the to excel at college and the workforce, while having the best college experience possible.
- Facilitating the transitions from high school to college and then from college to workforce.
- Making connections and providing opportunities to the Honors College and to students.
- Being able to guide first generation freshmen, based on personal experiences, and being more available than an advisor.
- Building bonds within the Honors College between students that are available academically and socially.
- Providing students the opportunity to seek advice for academic and personal issues.
- Engaging in social activities with like-minded individuals.
- Discussing and sharing career opportunities beyond majors and academic programs.
Panthers Unite in Support of Health (PUSH)
The goal of this organization is to promote healthy living despite a hectic student schedule.
Here are five easy steps for healthier living:
- Make excersice a part of your daily routine
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water
- Eat plentuy of fruits and vegetables
- Assess your mood
- Learn to manage your stress
Sexual Health Alliance Revolutionizing Positivity (SHARP)
Our Mission/ Overview
The Sexual Health Alliance Revolutionizing Positivity (SHARP) promotes sexual health while breaking down social and cultural taboos associated with sexuality. We educate and empower students to explore what it means to be sexually healthy.
- Inclusion: to discuss healthy relationships, consent, pleasure, and HIV/STI prevention methods for all types of bodies, genders, and sexual orientations.
- Empowerment: to cultivate an environment where people have access to information and resources, have the power to make informed decisions, and have a spectrum of options to suit their desires.
- Awareness: to facilitate the use of sexual health resources and raise awareness for sexual health topics that impact our community, particularly HIV/AIDS.
Activities & Events
- Workshops with sexual health professionals
- Volunteer opportunities
- Socials where we discuss how to break the stigma on sexuality
- Networking possibilities with HWCOM, FDOH & Local Nonprofits
- All members of the FIU community are welcome to join
Connect With Us
Follow Us: Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @fiusharp
Miami Initiative for Interdisciplinary Studies (MIINDS)
At MIINDS our goal is to push students to be more than just their major by introducing them to multiple disciplines.
- Provide FIU students with a club where Business, Pre-Law, STEM, Art, and the Social Sciences come together in order to provide an interdisciplinary perspective to topics and issues in society.
- Host workshops, speakers, debates and more in order to bring to light various topics and issues in society.
- Encourage students to participate in research projects.
Visit our website: http://miinds.fiu.edu
Faculty Advisor: Antonio Armando Pedrero.
Green Campus Initiative (GCI)
The Green Campus Initiative (GCI) is a non-political student initiative aiming to develop and implement feasible plans to make FIU’s MMC campus environmentally friendly. GCI focuses on simple, business-friendly projects that contribute to sustaining our environment. GCI’s primary goals include raising awareness about the implications of plastic pollution and waste. Significant operative actions of GCI include student petitions, cooperation with other established student organizations, on-campus events, and debates with entities of interest, such as the student government association. GCI will, most importantly, serve as a platform to debate and merge ideas concerning the protection of our local environment.
Honors College Pride Club
The Honors College Pride Club will educate and support LGBTQIA+ students and allies through meetings and events.
Follow us on Instagram: @HonorsPrideFIU
If you’re interested in learning more about the Pride Club or have any questions, please email email@example.com
Honors College Pride Center
The Honors College Pride Center will serve as a brave space, centering marginalized groups, for LGBTQIA+ students to meet up, network, and advocate for the community at Florida International University. Everyone is welcome to visit and partake in the center.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Honors College Pride Center or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panther Consulting Group (PCG)
Panther Consulting Club (PCG) is the premier consulting organization at Florida International University (FIU). PCG is also the first student-led educational club in South Florida that places focus on the Consulting Industry. We aim to bring consulting capabilities into the hands of students from all levels and backgrounds through hands-on case interview workshops, Business School-style lectures, and opportunities to network with professionals in the industry. We hope to provide students with the resources to thrive both socially and professionally.
If you’re interested in learning more about PCG or have any questions, please email email@example.com.