Coronavirus Update:Florida’s State University System is transitioning to remote learning in response to the coronavirus pandemic. FIU is switching to remote instruction for all classes starting Thursday, March 12, and continuing through the remainder of the semester.
In accordance with the University, all events scheduled through May 10 have been canceled.
Visit FIU’s Coronavirus Updates page for the latest information.
Summa Cum Laude
Summa cum Laude is the award winning magazine of FIU’s Honors College.
- IDH 3034-3035: Identity Consciousness and Performance: Hybridity, Mestizaje and Transculturation
- IDH 3034-3035: Critical Issues in Education: Perspectives on Schools and Schooling
- IDH 3034-3035: Narratives of Medicine, Health, and Healing
- IDH 3034-3035: Political Cycle
- IDH 3034-3035: Simulations for Success
- IDH 3034-3035: Aural Engagement: Music, Culture, and Faith Around the World
- IDH 3034-3035: Thinking, Design and Impossible Problems
- IDH 3034-3035: Nature, Design and Technology
- IDH 3034-3035: Dynamic Tensions
HONORS FAST FACTS:
70% of Honors students major in areas of strategic emphasis for Florida: 50% STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) and 20% in fields that meet critical workforce or economic development needs.
The Honors College is home to 2,400 students.
3 out of 4 Honors College students graduate in four years.
41% of Honors College students come from low-income families.
35,000+ hours of community service provided by Honors College students.
77% of Honors College graduates plan on continuing their education within a year of graduating.
The Honors College has grown 700% in the last 10 years.
Summa cum Laude has repeatedly won the top award for Honors Publication of the Year.
The Honors College has annually been the first unit to reach 100% in the FIU Ignite staff/faculty campaign since its inception. We believe in what we do, and we invest in it.
An internship is guaranteed to every Honors student.