Coronavirus Update:In an abundance of caution, the Honors College office in DM 233 is not allowing in-person appointments but is operational. All scheduled meetings will continue via Zoom. The office staff will be working in their respective offices during regular working hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To contact our staff and faculty, please refer to our directory at https://honors.fiu.edu/directory if you have questions or concerns. You can also call us at 305-348-4100 during these regular working hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit FIU’s Coronavirus Updates page for more information.
Including Summa cum Laude, FIU Honors College’s award winning magazine.
- IDH 3034-3035: Identity Consciousness and Performance: Hybridity, Mestizaje and Transculturation
- IDH 3034-3035: Narratives of Medicine, Health, and Healing
- IDH 3034-3035: Political Cycle
- IDH 3034-3035: Nature, Design and Technology
- IDH 3034-3035: Dynamic Tensions
- IDH 3034-3035: Miami in Miami
- IDH 3034-3035: The Tao of Sports
- IDH 3034-3035: Building a Foundation to Thrive in the Legal Profession
- IDH 3034-3035: Creative Non-Fiction
HONORS FAST FACTS:
70% of Honors students major in areas of strategic emphasis for Florida: 50% STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) and 20% in fields that meet critical workforce or economic development needs.
The Honors College is home to 2,400 students.
3 out of 4 Honors College students graduate in four years.
41% of Honors College students come from low-income families.
35,000+ hours of community service provided by Honors College students.
77% of Honors College graduates plan on continuing their education within a year of graduating.
The Honors College has grown 700% in the last 10 years.
Summa cum Laude has repeatedly won the top award for Honors Publication of the Year.
The Honors College has annually been the first unit to reach 100% in the FIU Ignite staff/faculty campaign since its inception. We believe in what we do, and we invest in it.
An internship is guaranteed to every Honors student.